| The black short-haired zombie with flower ornaments.
The immovable leader of Idol Frill, the idol unit that was at the top during the 21st-century idol war. While she's good at singing, she is confident in her ability to dance. She is determined and is not afraid to speak her mind out. Extremely skeptical of Kotaro's schemes.
On a side note: the flowers on her head increased when she's in idol form.
Mizuno Ai (水野 愛) was a popular idol in the early 2000s from the idol group called Iron Frill. She died in 2008 when she was struck by lightning during a concert.
She is titled as the Legendary Heisei Idol (伝説の平成アイドル Densetsu no Heisei aidoru)
Ai has short, dark, slate blue hair with two yellow flower clips. Her bangs are bunched together, and she has light red eyes. Like the other zombies, her skin is a greyish-blue and most of her body is covered in bandages some what like a mummy.
Her casual outfit consists of an Idol-like school outfit: a navy-blue jacket over a pale yellow top with a blue plaid skirt and bow. She also wears dark grey socks and light brown school-shoes. As a Idol, Ai has a light sky-blue shirt with "3" written on it, wears a turquoise skirt, and has more flowers in her hair.
When alive, Ai demonstrated a cheerful and determined personality, but after becoming a Zombie she became rather skeptical and suspicious. As she gradually begins to warm up to her group, she begins to act like herself. She has shown a supportive side when aiding the other members with her idol experience. Because of how she died, she is afraid of lighting.
At the beginning of the episode, Ai appears on Sakura's TV screen with her idol group, Iron Frill.
She later appears as a zombie laying in the room that Sakura escapes to while running away from Tae. Zombie Ai along with the other girls tries to attack Sakura, only for her to stab Ai in the head with a fire iron.
Finding Kōtarō Tatsumi's idea of a zombie idol group ridicules; She, Sakura and Junko tired to escape and head for Tokyo only to strike fear into hearts of 3 rappers and a Policeman they ran back to the mansion.
- Ai was only 16 years old at the time of her death.
- Ai(愛) means love in Japanese.
- Mizuno is a habitational name meaning 'water field', from a village so named in Owari (now part of Aichi prefecture). The surname is found mostly along the eastern seaboard and on the island of Okinawa.
- It is also the name of a Japanese sports equipment and sportswear company, founded in Osaka in 1906 by Rihachi Mizuno.
- She died in 2008, the same year where the truck accident occurred that killed Sakura. However, she died less than 4 months after Sakura was killed.
- Ai has better kinetic vision and hearing than the other girls in the group.
|Kōtarō Tatsumi • Sakura Minamoto • Saki Nikaidō • Ai Mizuno • Junko Konno • Yūgiri • Tae Yamada • Lily Hoshikawa • Policeman A • Romero|